In this session we’ll:
- Show you how to automate workbook publishing / promotion with Tableau Server
- Teach you how to version your workbooks
Why might you want to attend?:
- You are a fairly technical user – you leverage Tableau Server and/or your business has a release control system in place
- You want to learn about how you can create and manage versions of the same Tableau workbook
- You’re interested in multi-user development of the same workbook
- You want to learn about how to “promote” workbooks and move them from one server to another (from dev to QA to prod, for example)
- You want to see and understand the XML that makes up a Tableau workbook
This session will be great for those who want to learn about using Tableau with other technologies – the open source versioning system, Git.
We’ll introduce Git and how to use it with Tableau. This is not a deep dive into Git and GitHub, however.
Date & Time: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 – 11:00am – 12:00 PM
Location: Chesapeake 4-6